I am a school librarian, obsessed with Learning Commons transformations, Makerspaces, technology education, and making stuff.
I’m a tad obsessed with Makey Makey and Invention Literacy.
You can bring me to your school district or state conference as a Creative Education Consultant. I share creative resources and keynote at state and national conferences. For more info on my workshops and bookings click here.
Honors I have received:
- School Library Journal (SLJ) School Librarian of the Year Co-finalist Award in 2014
- Library Journal Mover and Shaker class of 2016 “Innovator”
- Invited to speak to Congressional Maker Caucus on “Making and Education” Panel (2016)
- Content Development Author for Demco, Scholastic blog, Edutopia, School Library Journal, School Library Monthly, and Knowledge Quest.
Check out these books I helped write:
- Big Book of Makerspace Projects
- Challenge Based Learning in the Library Makerspace
- 20 Makey Makey Projects for the Evil Genuis
You can see my programming in action on a daily basis on Twitter @gravescolleen , Instagram, or Facebook.