Are you interested in learning about beginner sewing circuits? Wanna transfer that knowledge to your Makey Makey?
Check out my latest Instructables: Conductive Jelly Donuts: A Sewing Circuits Primer
With this guide you can teach your students to sew a simple circuit, sew a battery pack, and even sew a conductive jelly donut as a switch. (For your LED with or without the Makey Makey!)
Like Sewing Circuits?
Want more help with this? Here are some other links from my blog and others!
- Sewing Circuits at Denton Public Library
- Introduction to Sewing Circuits Affordably
- Sewing with Chibitronics
- How to Get What You Want: Kobakant
- A few great sewing circuit books:
- Sew Electric by Leah Buechley and Kanjun Qui -Sewing and Programming with Lilypad!
- Sparkfun Firefly Kit – Sew with a pre-programmed microcontroller
- Tips on sewing with conductive thread by Sparkfun
- Sparkfun help on sewing with regular LEDs
- Soft Circuits: Crafting e-Fashion with DIY Electronics by Dr. Peppler et al – Great resource for educators that want to teach systems thinking (Includes Design Challenge cards)
- Plus, our Big Book of Makerspace Projects has a full chapter of sewing circuits that range from very simple to very complex!
- Helen Leigh’s Crafty Kids Guide to DIY Electronics
- Just found out about this one and have it on my list to review! From Hackspace: Wearable Tech Projects
What are your favorite resources! Let me know in the comments below!